Course Information Course Code: MAC 116 Course Title: Indigenous language For Mass Media (Hausa) Credit Units: 2 Credit Units Year …
Course Code: MAC 116
Course Title: Indigenous language For Mass Media (Hausa)
Credit Units: 2 Credit Units
Year of Study: One
Course Introduction and Description
Indigenous Language for Mass Media (MAC 116) is a course that is designed to expose you to the fundamentals of Mass Communication with emphasis on the concept, structure and process of Mass Communication. The course is a two-credit unit course that is designed to be taken in the first semester, at the 100 level. The course is available to all of you who have registered for the Mass Communication programme. It is the first part of the four credit unit courses planned for an entire year. You will take this course as a second year course in your second semester. The materials in this course guide have been developed to suit the distance learning mode.
You are required to have the following to be qualified for this course.
1. Five credits in O’ level certificate including English and Literature in English, Hausa an added advantage.
2. Basic Computer Operations proficiency
3. Online interaction proficiency
4. Web 2.0 and Social media interactive skill.
Course Learning Resources
1. Mohammed, M and Anumudu, K. (2020) A Handbook of English
2. Handbook for Tertiary Schools. Kaduna: Sonia Publishers
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Identify the structures that make up sentences and hoe these structures are correctly linked.
2. Identify the punctuation marks and their uses.
3. Construct good and well-ordered paragraphs.
4. Apply note taking and recording skills.
Activities to Meet Course Objectives
The aim of this course material is to meet the objectives of the course. Hence, to complete the course, you are required to study and listen to the audio version of the courseware, watch online videos and read set of books and other relevant materials that you may lay your hand on. Relevant YouTube sites and standard references have been provided for you.
The course is online, therefore there is going to be a lot of online interaction in this class through your virtual class, and sometimes via WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram and Instagram. Assignments shall be given individually as well as in groups. All assignments are compulsory and must be submitted at the times slated. Completion and timely submission of assignments will also serve as part of your assessment.
You are expected to carefully read and understand this course material. You are expected to install software applications on your mobile phones like WhatsApp and Telegram. You should have a functioning e-mail address and a phone number. These applications will enable you to contact me, interact and share ideas with other students. I wish you good luck.
- STUDY SESSION 1 GABATAR DA BAYANI KAN BAKAKEN HAUSA 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 1/SESSION 2/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1: KALMOMIN HAUSA DANGANE DA TSAYINSU (HAUSA WORDS BASED ON SYLLABIC NUMBER, MONOSYLLABIC TO HEXASYLLABIC) 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 2/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 2: GABAR KALMA (HAUSA SYLLABLE) 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 2/SESSION 2/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1: BAYANIN AZUZUWAN KALMOMIN HAUSA 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 3/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1: AZUZUWAN KALMOMI 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 5/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1: KALMOMIN DIRKA (STABILIZERS) 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 7/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1: SAIWAR KALMA (Root Word) 00:30:00
- MAC 116/MODULE 9/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days