COURSE INTRODUCTION AND DESCRIPTION The course is designed to introduce you to basic functions and activities involved in radio and television broadcasting. It will also expose you to the principles and practice of radio and television broadcasting.
You are required to have the following to be qualified for this course.
1. UTME score
2. Five credits in O’ level certificate including English and Literature in English.
3. Basic Computer Operations proficiency
4. Online interaction proficiency
5. Web 2.0 and Social media interactive skill.
COURSE LEARNING RESOURCES
- Bittner, J.R. (1989). Mass Communication: An Introduction, (5th ed.) New Jersey: Prentice- Hall Inc.
- Hausman, C., Messere, F., O’Donnell, L. and Benoit, P. (2010). Modern radio production: Production, programming, and performance, 8thed. Australia: Wadsworth Cengage learning.
- Idebi (ed) (2010), The fundamentals of radio production. Ibadan: Impact motion Pictures and Media Koncept.
- Idebi, S.K. (2008). Fundamentals of Radio Production. Ibadan: Impact Motion Pictures and Media Koncept Nig.
- Onabanjo, O. (1999). Essentials of broadcast writing and production. Lagos: Gabi Concept Ltd.
- Onabanjo, O. (2000). Announcing and performance. Lagos: Gabi Concept ltd.
- Owuamalam, E.O. (2007). Radio –TV Production. Owerri: Image and Slogans Consultants Ltd.
- Sambe, J.A. (2008). Introduction to Mass Communication Practice in Nigeria. Abuja: Spectrum Books Limited.
- Uche, L. U. (1989). Mass media, people and politics in Nigeria. New Delhi: Concept Publishing Company.
ACTIVITIES TO MEET COURSE OBJECTIVES
The Course Material is written in a simple, clear and concise manner that will assist and enable you to understand this course very well.
No late assignment submission will be entertained or accepted from you and hence, be very serious with your study. Completion and timely submission of assignments will also serve as part of your assessment. You are expected to read this course material thoroughly and understand very well. You are also expected to have software applications on your mobile phones like WhatsApp, Facebook and Instagram, a working email address and a phone number so that you can chats, interact and share ideas with each other. Please do not hesitate to contact me through my email addresses, phone numbers and social media platforms
- STUDY SESSION 1 EVOLUTION OF BROADCASTING IN THE WORLD 4 weeks, 2 days
- MAC 117|MODULE 1|STUDY SESSION 1|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- Session 2: Evolution of Broadcasting in Nigeria. 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 1|STUDY SESSION 2|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1 DEFINE RADIO/TELEVISION TERMS 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 2|STUDY SESSION 1|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 2 FUNCTIONS OF RADIO/TELEVISION 00:40:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 2|STUDY SESSION 2|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 3 FUNCTIONS OF DEPARTMENTS IN A TYPICAL RADIO/ TELEVISION STATION 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 2|STUDY SESSION 3|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1 PUBLIC/PRIVATE OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL OF RADIO/TELEVISION 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 3|STUDY SESSION 1|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 2 COMMUNITY/ INSTITUTIONAL OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL OF RADIO/TELEVISION 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 3|STUDY SESSION 2|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 1 WRITING FOR RADIO AND TELEVISION 00:40:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 5|STUDY SESSION 1|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- STUDY SESSION 2 COMPARE WRITING FOR RADIO AND TELEVISION 00:30:00
- MAC 117|MODULE 5|STUDY SESSION 2|ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days