Course Introduction and Description This is a course that is designed to expose you to the fundamentals of French as …
Course Introduction and Description
This is a course that is designed to expose you to the fundamentals of French as a foreign language in Mass Communication with emphasis on the concept, structure and process of Mass Communication. The course is a two-credit unit course that is designed to be taken in the first semester, at the 100 level. The course is available to you once you have registered for Mass Communication. It is the first part of the four credit unit courses planned for an entire year. The second course which is MAC 122 will be taught in the second semester. The materials in this course guide have been developed to suit the distance learning mode.
You are required to have the following to be qualified for this course.
- Five credits in O’ level certificate including English and Literature in English (French an added advantage).
- Basic Computer Operations proficiency
- Online interaction proficiency
- Web 2.0 and social media interactive skill.
Course Learning Resources
Jeremy Butterfield. (2006), Easy Learning French Conversation (Collins). Glasgow: Harper Collins Publisher.
Onyemelukwe, I.M. (1998). French for All Beginners. Zaria: Ahmadu Bello University Press.
Onyemelukwe, I.M. (1999). Fast French. Enugu: Future Tech. Publishers.
Otori Daniel I, Sule D. Habiba and Ezra Jummai. (2020), French Language: A Guide for Beginners and Learners in Schools. Kaduna: Sonia Publishers
Le Nouveau Bescherelle. L’Art de Conjuguer : Dictionnaire de 12000 Verbes. Paris : Hatier.
Nicholson, Kate et el.(2009). Harrap’s Compact French Dictionary.Ibadan: Chambers Harrap Publishers Ltd.
Wendy Lee and Di Larkin. (2011). Easy Learning French Grammar(Collins). Glasgow: HarperCollins Publisher.William Rowlinson. (1995). The Oxford Grammar. Bungay: Oxford University Press.
Yakubu, Abdulfatau. (1999). French Book of Vocabulary Conjugation and Special Expression. Kaduna: Kam Enterprises.
Course Objectives and Outcomes
On completion of this course the student should be able to:
1. Comprehend and communicate in basic French language.
2. Identify, learn and count numbers in French.
3. Conjugate and use correctly some French verbs in sentences.
4. Comprehend simple French Grammar and apply them in spoken and written
5. Read and understand simple narratives in French.
6. Write short Essay and Composition about themselves and others in French.
Activities to Meet Course Objectives
The aim of this Course Material is to meet the objectives of the course, hence, to complete the course within the first semester ND I. You are therefore, required to study the courseware, watch online videos and read a set of books and other relevant materials that you may lay your hands on. Relevant YouTube sites and standard references have been provided for you.
The course is online, therefore, there is going to be a lot of online interaction in this class through Learning Management System (Virtual Classroom) and alternatively via WhatsApp, Facebook, Telegram and Instagram. Assignments shall be given individually as well as in groups. All assignments are compulsory and must be submitted at the times stated. Completion and timely submission of assignments will also serve as part of your assessment. The grading of your Continuous assessment is over 40 and your semester examination is over 60. Total over 100.
You are expected to carefully read and understand this course material.
- SESSION 1:INTRODUCTION 00:42:00
- SESSION 1:THE SCOPE OF DATA PROCESSING 00:42:00
- SESSION 1:BASIC HARDWARE COMPONENTS AND MEMORY CAPACITY MEASUREMENT 00:42:00
- MIS :MODULE 3/SESSION 1/ASSIGNMENT 1 week, 3 days
- SESSION 1:Concept of Decision Making 00:42:00